myMPS Billing: Cloud-based medical billing software
myMPS Billing is a cloud-based medical billing platform designed to help staff with their admin. myMPS Billing has an inbox that lets staff know what admin needs to be done and enables staff to send claims in real-time. It also has an easy online calendar and automates many of the admin tasks. This includes patient appointment reminders, patient benefit checks and reconciliations, thereby giving staff more time to focus on patient service.
See how myMPS Billing features work in your practice
Record and manage patient appointments via an online calendar with automated patient benefit checks.
Validate medical aid membership details for all dependents. Accurate and current details are automatically imported.
Receive fully-processed claim responses, indicating what medical aids will or won’t cover for most of your medically-insured patients.
For each claim sent you will receive a claim certificate, proving that the claim has been submitted to the medical aid.
Generate and submit invoices to Medical Aids and/or patients and insurance companies.
Have your claims automatically reconciled, saving you and your staff hours of precious time.
To-do list of admin action items per user profile.
Send SMS reminders to patients, including notifications on outstanding accounts and upcoming appointments.
Comprehensive practice performance reports that include end-of-day and month-end reports.
View real-time charts that provide valuable insights into the financial and operational well-being of your practice.
Getting started with myMPS Billing is easy
All the tools you need to grow your practice, while providing a better patient experience
myMPS Billing offers medical professionals the option of a all-in-one clinical & billing solution. You’ll have all the right tools to help you manage your practice’s scheduling, clinical records, billing & much more. myMPS Billing can be complimented with the below clinical solutions:
Designed specifically for General Practitioners. From Healthbridge Clinical you can quickly view who is in your waiting room, patient visit history and pathology reports. You can also easily capture patient information, clinical notes and claim details; while sick notes, prescriptions and referrals can be created during the patient consultation. Read more
Still not sure what will work best for your practice?
Download our ‘Best practice guide’ & learn everything you need to know about choosing medical billing software
[ebook] Best pratice guide to choosing medical billing software
Choosing billing and practice management software doesn’t have to be an exhaustive, painstaking process. Whether you’ve outgrown your current medical billing software or you are transitioning to a paper-light system for the first time, shopping for software is a good opportunity to identify the inefficiencies in your practice and address them, together with the right solution provider.
Understanding what you need starts with asking yourself a few pertinent questions and ensuring that the solution you choose meets the criteria outlined in this guide.
To download this eBook, simply fill in your details alongside.
myMPS Billing benefits that go beyond claiming
myMPS is a complete practice management solution, ensuring you get paid what you are owed, faster.
Advanced medical aid billing
Up-to-date & accurate pricing ensures you get paid optimally from the different medical schemes, with fewer rejections.
Admin made simpler & more efficient
Automation of basic tasks such as appointment reminders, checking patient benefits, member validations & reconciliations means more time for your practice staff to focus on running a profitable practice.
A great solution backed by great support
Easy access to support via phone,chat & email at no additional cost. Plus, no long-term contracts with a clear& simple pricing model that offers affordable ways to grow your practice
General medical practice management FAQs
Medical practice management software is a category of healthcare software that deals with the day-to-day operations of a medical practice. Such software frequently allows users to capture patient demographics, schedule appointments, perform billing tasks, and generate reports.
Top features include: online calendars with online patient booking , Patient validation, patient benefit checking, fully processed claiming, automated reconciliations, automated SMS collection and appointment reminders and reporting.
Medical practice management software automates financial and admin-related activities such as patient scheduling, billing, claims processing and other tasks related to operations for medical practices. An EMR is a digital version of all the information you would typically find the patient’s yellow file: medical history, diagnoses, medications, allergies, lab results and doctor’s notes.
As soon as the patient has seen the doctor, fully processed real-time claiming enables you to send the patient’s claim to the medical aid and get a line-by-line response within seconds. This enables you to have an informed discussion with your patients about any outstanding amounts before they leave your rooms. Click here for more info.
Medical practice management software reports enable you to see how your practice is performing at a glance. Well-crafted reports should highlight useful trends and help you spot areas of risk. Click here for more info.
One million patients are searching for medical services online in South Africa every month. If you’re a medical professional who wants to reach more patients with an online presence, but don’t have the time to keep up with the latest digital trends, then an online booking platform is ideal for your practice. Plus, it also offers your current patients a convenient way to schedule appointments with minimal effort. Click here for more info.
Bulk SMSes enable you to send customised reminders, notifications, birthday wishes and alert text messages to all your patients.
Practice management software can work together with electronic medical records (EMR) systems. However, integrating the two can be a challenge if a medical practice chooses different vendors for the systems. And should be one of the questions you ask your technology provider before you purchase any medical billing software. myMPS has two all-in-one solutions i) myMPS with Clinical Notes (designed for Allieds, click here for info) ii) Healthbridge Clinical (designed for General Practitioners, click here for info).
Healthbridge myMPS FAQs
My medical practice software
Yes, it is 100% cloud-based.
Standard features include:
- Online Calendar with Integrated Benefit Checks: Record and manage patient appointments via an online calendar with automated patient benefit checks.
- Family Check: Validate medical aid membership details for all dependents.
- Real-time Claiming: Receive fully-processed claim responses, indicating what medical aids will or won’t cover for most of your medically-insured patients.
- Billing instructions: Captured clinical information is converted into billing instructions.
- Proof of Submission: For each claim sent you will receive a claim certificate, proving that the claim has been submitted to the medical aid.
- Invoicing: Generate and submit invoices to medical aids and/or patients and insurance companies.
- Automated Reconciliations: Have your claims automatically reconciled, saving you and your staff hours of precious time.
- Inbox: To-do list of admin action items per user profile.
- SMS Notifications: Send SMS reminders to patients, including notifications on outstanding accounts and upcoming appointments.
- Financial Reports: Comprehensive practice performance reports that include end-of-day and month-end reports.
- Business Value Reports: View real-time charts that provide valuable insights into the financial and operational well-being of your practice.
- Business Insights Dashboard: Advanced business insights that
illustrates Financial, Operational & Clinical metrics for better
decision & practice performance monitoring.
- Bulk SMS: Send customised reminders, notifications, birthday wishes and alert text messages to all your patients, directly from myMPS.
- Healthbridge Clinical: A super simple & easy to use electronic medical record (EMR)
- Clinical Notes: Easily find, create & send electronic clinical notes
- Telehealth: The simplest solution for you to use for video &
telephonic consultations with your patients – keeping you &
your patients safe & your practice thriving.
- Snapscan: Allows practices to receive payments via Snapscan
- Healthbridge Claims Management: Use the Dr App to send us your claim instructions and we’ll take care of your claims management on your behalf.
- Vacation Assistance: Should your admin staff go on leave, just let us know, and we will take over the admin for you so you can continue to receive the money you have earned.
myMPS’s pricing is based on a percentage model. The percentage model takes into account i) Your speciality and ii) Your monthly claim value. Click here to contact us for a customised quote for your practice.
You can request a call back here and one of our skilled Business Consultants will contact you to set up an appointment. They will assess whether myMPS is a good fit for your medical practice.
As myMPS is cloud based, the only requirements are a laptop/desktop and a stable internet connection.
Yes. myMPS currently has two clinical options
i) Healthbridge Clinical – an electonic medical record (EMR) designed specifically for General Practitioners. Click here for more info.
ii) myMPS with Clinical Notes – electronic Clinical Notes designed specifically for Allied Healthcare Professionals. Click here for more info.
Running a practice isn’t easy. Here are a few resources that we have compiled to
help make the business side of your practice more manageable.
Table of Contents