The National Institute For Communicable Diseases (NICD) is a resource of knowledge and expertise in regionally relevant communicable diseases to the South African Government, to SADC countries and the African continent. The NICD aims to give you access to important information tools relevant to the outbreak of COVID-19.
COVID-19 technical resources
This interim guidance is based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The National Institute for Communicable Diseases will update this interim guidance as needed and as additional information becomes available:
- Covid-19 Quick Reference for Health Workers (9 April 2020)
- Patient Under Investigation Form (3 April 2020)
- Electronic Capturing of the Person Under Investigation (Pui) Form for Covid-19 (9 April 2020)
- Specimen Submission Form (1 March 2020)
- Daily Symptom Monitoring Tool (14 March 2020)
- Facility Readiness Checklist (2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (11 March 2020)
- Training Powerpoint for Port Health Re Ipc (2020)
- Teaching/Training Slides (2 March 2020)
Please visit their website here to access each of the above-mentioned resources.